Ok, so having 4 kids didn't seem to be much different to me. I mean, I have this extra little person that requires a lot of attention and care. She takes a lot out of me but not too much that I can't handle it. She sleeps great and doesn't cry much. It was easy when we didn't have to go anywhere all day. But it's only been 2 days of school and Makai starts monday. I am already pulling my hair out. Drew will be able to take the kids to school 3 out of the 5 days which is wonderful! But I don't know how I am going to juggle 4 kids on the other 2 days! My lovely sister inlaw Jossi is wonderful and has offered to take them on thursdays but friday is a different story.
My routine will consist of the following:
1. Wake up around 7 am and feed Lyla if she is hungry, maybe she will stay asleep! That would be ideal. Then maybe I can feed her when the kids are off. Also check/change her diaper.
2. Make sure Lainee and Makai are out of bed and dressed appropriatly for school. (clothes should/will be set out the night before).
3. When Kado wakes up make sure he goes potty so we don't have an accident. Make sure the kids go potty as well.
4. Make breakfast for them and Kado depending on if he is awake as well.
5. Make sure backpacks, jackets and shoes are ready, check Lyla and Kado if they are still asleep.
6. Make sure Lainee and Kai are eating and not messing around. Hurry them along if they aren't finished.
7. Brush and do hair.
8. Get the kids to brush thier teeth once they are done eating.
9. Get shoes, jacket and packbacks on.
10. Kiss them and tell them I love them and that I hope they have a wonderful day! Don't forget to be a good example to your friends!
11. Throw them out the door for thier ride on thursdays and on fridays load EVERYONE and thier FREAKING DOG into the car. (good thing we don't have dog cause I would have to add that in there somewhere I'm sure.)
As most of you all know I am NOT a morning person. I hate to be awake unless I feel completely rested. Most of the time it takes me a while to actually wake up. I wish my husband had a regular 9-5 job! Then he could do all of that and I'm sure he wouldn't mind. He never complains about doing it 3 out the 5 days. Of course sometimes hair isn't done and clothes don't match but, Oh well, I like my sleep!!! Especially in the morning!!
Is it summer break yet?




1 comment:
Busy morning!! I remember when my brothers and sisters and I were little, my mom made such an effort to do all of that. It was hard, I'm sure, but my mom was AWESOME at it! I'm sure you are too! I remember my mom would wake us up everymorning. Bowls of cereal would already be poured and ready to eat at the counter. Then as I waited my turn to get my hair done by mom (she did me and my sisters hair every morning, just about) I would watch Johnny Quest! Back then, it was like the coolest show! lol
I'm sure it's no easy job. I remember my mom being stressed a lot about it in the mornings, but I so admire you for your dedication and hard work. The kids will be so grateful to you in the future for the sacrifices you make for them, including getting out of bed early.
Also, I don't see why Tannon wouldn't be able to take the kids to school on Friday mornings. I leave too early on Friday to take them to school, but I'm more than certain Tannon can!
Thanks for blogging! :)
Love, Jossi
Post a Comment