Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lainee's 1st day of 2nd grade

Today Lainee started school. She is in 2nd grade now. We met her teacher last night and she is super nice. I think she will be good for Lainee since Lainee is really shy. When we were talking to her teacher Lainee had her arms wrapped around my hips and her head up against my belly. (yes, my fat belly lol) and she would barely make eye contact with her. When she would ask her a question, Lainee would just nod. I wonder if the lady thought that maybe I abuse my children because of how shy Lainee was! LOL JK!!
The thing is, Lainee, she is not that shy. Yes, when she meets someone new or see's someone she hasn't seen in a while, she is reserved and acts like it will kill her if she talks to them or makes eye contact. But Lainee at home and around people she is comfortable with is not shy! The Lainee I know (and she is a lot like her daddy in this way because Drew is a totally different person when he is in his comfort zone) sings along with the radio, dances to music, talks about random things, plays pretend and dress up all the time, loves to cuddle with her mommy, tells me her dreams, laughs at silly things (and has the cutest, giggly laugh!!), loves to make me laugh, loves animals, is very kind and gentle, is a wonderful big sister that loves to show the way, loves helping in the kitchen, loves coloring, drawing, friends, and just having a good time!
I love her so much! She is my little girl. She has no idea how much she means to me. It think I will cry every year she goes back to school!!



1 comment:

Constantine said...

What a cute little niece I have! Her outfit is adorable! :) She looks so happy to be going to school!
I love Lainee's personality. I remember when I first came into the family she was kind of shy, but over the years I've gotten to know her personality a lot better, and she is such a joy to be around! I look at the way she handles Lyla so gently, how she wants to hold her . . .it sounds really dumb but it makes my eyes well up with tears a little. She is such a sweet little niece, and you are such a lucky mommy to have her! :)

Love, Jossi