Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 19, 2010

cantaloupes and zucchinis!!

I am in some sort of weird stage in my life. (maybe it's cause of the season). I have been making bread. But not just any bread. Have you ever had cantaloupe bread? I'm sure you've tried zucchini bread. But cantaloupe?
When I was a senior in high school I worked at a farm in Fallon, NV. This farm had a produce stand, a grill, a bakery kitchen, and a corn maze. I worked at any of these areas during the week. Where ever they needed me. I even carved a crap load of pumpkins during Halloween for their jack-o-lantern tower!! But one of my favorite things to do was work in the bakery kitchen where I would whip up huge loads of cantaloupe bread. I used huge amounts of ingredients and they even had one of those big mixers! (I wish I had one of those!!)
Anyway, Fallon is known for it's amazing cantaloupes. It's one of the main reasons why I miss it! I also met my husband there!

1 comment:

Constantine said...

I have never tried cantaloupe bread, but the sound of it is making my mouth water!!