Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween day adventures!

So this year the kids picked out thier costumes again. Lainee was originally wanting to be a skeleton but when she saw this costume at costco, she changed her mind! She is tinker bell! I did her hair all curly and painted her face! She will tell you she loved that I put makeup on her!!
I didn't dress up this year. I like to but I just never planned it and so here I just put my brothers fake teeth in and posed with my pumpkin:D Yes, I am weird, for people that don't know. :D

Drew dressed up as Vujacic from the Lakers. and Jaren was...ummm....something weird and freaky...


Kado was my sweet little pumpkin:D he was in such a good mood the whole day! expecially the evening! He is just such a sweet boy!! so happy!



Makai fell asleep on the way to my moms house and I am a big beleiver that you shouldn't wake a sleeping child! Not even for Halloween. I learned that I should just stick to that cause when it was time to go trick or treating Drew asked if Kai was going. I said well he is asleep! Poor thing was sooo tired from walking all around the school earlier in the day for Lainee's kindergarten costume parade. So I woke him and he had a huge fit! So I put him in a room and said, as soon as you can behave, you can come trick or treating with us. He sat in "timeout" thinking about it for a long time. We actually thought he went back to sleep. Drew and I were out with Lainee and Kado and we had gone to about 10 houses already when G-pa called and said that there was a ready race car driver wanting to go trick or treating. So I ran back home and got him. He was in a great mood all night after that. It is proof that you shouldn't wake a sleeping child! And that thier sleep in very important! Just the little sleep he got gave him the energy to walk around the neighborhood! But I woke him up too soon and that is why he was cranky at first.
Anyway about Makai's costume. He wanted to be speed racer really bad!! The costumes we found online were corny and cheap looking and when we did find one we liked, they didn't have his size. So we looked everywhere. Costco, walmart, shopko, and we just couldn't find anything anywhere!! So we just decided to look at the mall. They had a huge store just for costumes and we found a race car driver costume. At first he was like, NOOO, I wanna be speed racer!!! But we told him it was this or nothing, so he finally gave in. It looks really cute on him!! And he really grew to love it!
Maybe speed racer next year when he is a little bigger:D
So Halloween this year was good! They got tons of candy! They had lots of fun! I wish I had thrown a Halloween party and dressed up but there is always next year....unless the new president passes a law that we can't have halloween!!! (or taxes are too high, one or the other) BLAH!










5 comments:

Tiffany West said...

Cute costumes! Tinkerbell is my favorite Disney character! I love that you go trick-or-treating with your parents, what a fun time!

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun to see the kids all dressed! It made me miss being a kid and trick or treating! We are so glad that we got to come over and spend time with the kids! I really like it when Tannon plays with the kids. I know he won't admit it, but I think he really does like kids a lot. Don't worry, we will throw a Halloween party next year! You can borrow my French Maid costume ;) lol
P.S. I can't wait until we can watch Spirited Away together! :)

Camille said...

We are going private. If you want to still read our blog email us at millielarose@gmail.com. Thanks!!!

Mrs. Jaybird said...

Lainee looks so cute in her costume! So did Makai and Kado was an adorable pumpkin :) It makes me so excited for my kid to be bigger, but sad at the same time :( Oh, well, there's always the next one!

Tiffany said...

Super adorable costumes! I tagged you at my personal blog, http://futurebodyartist.blogspot.com