Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Canyonlands Adventure!

Camping down in Canyonlands is something we used to do every year. We havent been in 10 years!! I was 14 when I was there last! It was nice to go and relive some memories from when we used to go every year! We stay at a group camp site called split top camp ground. It has a cool cave with a split up the top of it. That is where the camp fire is.

We got some back country permits and took our 4 wheel drive vehicles up some canyons! We found some cool arches and some awesome indian ruins! I found one all by myself!! That was pretty cool! We also went the the infamous Paul Bunyons potty! it is a bit huge hole in a rock that looks like a toilet! We climbed up into it and it had indian ruins in it! It was AWESOME!!

Here are a few pics from our trip. I'll explain each one:D


This one is just right up from our camp site. It was the first morning and my dad hadn't made breakfast yet so we decided to take the kids on thier first exploration adventure! They loved it!


This is up on top of the rocks by our campsite. The view was awesome! The pictures just don't do it justice!

We were finding our way back and decided to climb down this crack!
This is actually before the previous one. It's the beginning of the crack:D
More on top of the rocks pics



When we came previous years this was something we nick named as the doll house because the holes in the rock reminded us of little rooms for a doll! Lainee thought this was pretty cool!
Drew was trying to climb up to the doll house...he had a little trouble...hahaha
There is Kado and I up in the doll house:D Thanks to Courtney for letting us borrow the baby back pack! It was a life saver!!
Here we are with my brother Jaren on top of the rocks!


I thought this picture was really cute! We decided to go check out the other group campsite. We might go again next year and we would need to reserve this other one cause it's bigger. We hope to have more people next year:D But I thought it was cute because they climbed into this little cave and then I asked them to turn around a smile and they did in the same pose! SO CUTE!


It's hard to see but if you look just to the left of Lainee there is a rock and next to that rock is a rock called The wooden shoe. It looks like a shoe....



The kids climbed onto this branch and so we stuck Kado up there and snapped a shot! Actually alot of shots...this is just one:D

This is the back of the split top cave. It was nice during the day since it was so warm outside. But at night it was chilly!!

Here the kids are peeking out of this cool cave!

Lainee was such a good climber! My kids were made to crawl all over rocks!


Here is Paul Bunyons potty!


The kids standing below Paul Bunyons Potty!

This one didn't show up like I hoped it would. There is Indian ruins up in this cave! If you look to the very right you can see them:D
Here is Lainee and Makai cuddling next to the fire!
I have so many pictures from this trip! These are just the best ones!! We had so much fun! And can't wait till next year. Minus the peeing the pants the dirt and the cold nights it was amazing!








5 comments:

mary said...

Looks way fun! I've never taken my kids there - I bet they would love it!

Anonymous said...

It looks so beautiful there! I wish I could have gone! I really wanted me and Tannon to go. :''(

Ben, KoriAnn, Brighton & Bristol said...

Looks like a ton of fun. It looks so beautiful. Maybe one of these days Ben and I will venture that way.

Mrs. Jaybird said...

Wow! It's gorgeous there! I love camping and can't wait to go with Copeland! Never been to canyonlands, but we've been all over the Uintas, Zion's, and others, but the desert-y rocky stuff looks so neat! And you have such fun kids--I bet they loved it!

Anonymous said...

You took some great pictures! The kids look like they had a blast! :) Tannon and I will DEFINITELY go next year!!
And I am looking forward to our date tuesday night! :)