Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 19, 2009

Life in 6 chapters

Life in 6 Chapters
I walk down the street...
there is a hole in the street.
I fall into the hole... but I do not know I am in it.
Finally I see the hole and try to get out.
It takes a long time to get out of the hole.

I walk down the same street..
the hole is still there... I see the hole.
I fall into the hole again.... but I recognize where I am,
and I want to be out of the hole.
It still takes a long time to get out of the hole.

I walk down the same street...
the hole is still there... I see the hole and
still fall into the hole again... it has become familiar..
But I have learned how to get out of the hole and...
Get out of the hole much quicker.

I walk down the same street...
the hole is always going to be there in this street.
I see the hole..... and recognize it.. and think fondly of it..
but I think I don't want to be in the hole again.
But I walk directly toward the hole and fall in again.
I get out immediately.

I walk down the same street...
the hole hasn't moved... I like the looks of the hole
Yet I remember I don't want to be in the hole...
I remember the feelings in the hole.. I veer away...
I walk around the hole and continue on my way.

I go for a walk.... I walk down a different street.

-- Unknown
This is a little story thing that Jamie Wests sister told in a talk she gave at girls camp the first night! She is amazing!! And I am so glad that my new ward let me go to girls camp this year! I asked Sister Olmstead (the 7th ward camp director) if I could come as a volunteer and she said yes! yay!! I was only able to go part of the day tuesday and most of the day wed but it was fun and I got to meet alot of the young wemon in my ward! They are all so adorable and each have qualities that I adore!!

The first day was alot of fun! I got there during the safty carnival and got to visit with KoriAnn and my old 6th ward girls!


Then I went to see my 7th ward girls. They were just finnishing up the carnival and we went to our camp. There the girls went over what they learned.

And the girls listened for the most part lol:D

Here we are just hanging out at camp. I wish I got more pictures!!!!
On wednesday after getting about 4 hours of sleep. It rained all night and we talked and laughed longer and louder than the girls lol! We got up bright and early and tried to get breakfast made. But it took longer than expected and we werent able to eat it. We did have snacks that we could eat while hiking which was nice!
We went to flag ceremony and then headed out for the hike. It was cold wet and muddy the whole way to the water fall. But it was enjoyable for the most part. Minus the growing blisters and pain in my feet. We got to the picnic area below the water fall and some went up the water fall and some didnt. When it was time to head back to camp there was no real direction as to where the trail was so we passed it up and thought maybe we could find a short cut. We walked all the way down to the road and decided it would be better to walk back to camp that way enstead of turning around. It ended up being about 7 1/2 miles that we walked that day enstead of the 5 that was required for certification...oh well. It was an adventure anyway. So we called the lodge and some one came and got us so we didnt have to walk the rest of the way making it 10 miles I'm sure! When we got back we hung out at camp. Then we had lunch. It had been raining most of the morning so the leaders decided to let us stay in a cabin. So we moved our stuff and then headed to the service activity. I had to leave at 5 so I told the girls that and they wanted me to stay for a little longer so I could see them practice their skit. After that I came home home and was surprised to find that my water had been turned off!! I hate it when you get all ready for a shower and your standing there stark naked and there is no water....its very dissapointing...so I dressed back up and called the water company who was closed at that point. I found my bill and found out that my deposit was due 2 days earlier and that they don't even send you a shut off notice in that case!!!! I was sooo mad! So I paid what I could online and headed to my inlaws to shower. I had to work that night and there was no way I was going in smelling like camp fire and sweat after walking 7 1/2 miles!!! Anyway I was late for work by about 20 mins but I got the ok from Jaren who was the shift leader that night. I worked till midnight and Jaren and I had an adventure all our own with trying to close the store with no key:D lol it was fun. I was standing at the back door holding it open waiting for him to set the alarm. It wouldn't set and he was getting frustrated. I thought of why it wouldn't set and it magically came to me that it was because I was holding the door open! DUH! So I closed it and he set it and we tried to leave and when I opened the door the alarm would go off!! We were stuck in the store!!!!!!! long story short we just left and hoped it would work lol.....I had a long day that started at 5:30 am to 12:30 am the next day...it sucked but I am over it now:D I've had worse with having a new born and 2 other kids.....thats a totally different story for a different day:D
I'm glad its over tho. I missed out on the last 2 days of camp which sucks but work is work and I have to pay back my charges at jakes. lol.
I hope I get called to young wemons tho cause I love those girls! They are just so fun!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you made it to camp!!! Looks like fun and don't you love those days that never end and just bleed into the next...

Our Ohana said...

awww, this makes me MISS girls camp!!! Camp is SOOOO much fun!

Emily said...

Looks like fun! I hope to be able to serve in young womens one day too!