I know this might upset some people but I think that being informed is better than just blindly voting. You might know all the "good" things about who you are going to vote for. But when a candidate is trying to get your vote he doesn't tell you the things that he supports that will make you decide to vote for the other person.
One thing I have a very strong opinion on is abortion. It brings me to tears and makes me angry that people would purposfully end an innocent life. This poor little baby has no idea what is going on. They are completely innocent. Sent straight from Heaven. I don't care if you were stupid enough not to use some kind of contraceptive! TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS!!
Now onto my point. Now that you know where I stand on abortions you can probably asume that I am extremely against partial birth abortions. One of my friends put it exactly right when she explains the procedure. Here is what she wrote on her blog.
"Partial Birth Abortion.
Some may choose to skip over this, I encourage you to read it if you can handle it, I want to let you know what Partial Birth Abortion is. Remember, Obama supports this:
When the partial birth abortion procedure is done, the baby is born at 20-23 weeks. Keep in mind, parents usually find out what the sex of their baby is around 20 weeks. This means when this procedure is done they know wether it will be a boy or a girl. Hmmm. After the baby is born, they inject him or her with a chemical that will slowly kill them. Then, do you think the birth-mom holds him? What about the doctors? Nurses? No ... nobody holds this poor, premature, chemically injected child. They take this brand new baby, who is fighting for their life, and drop them off in the dirty linen closet and wait for them to die before taking them to the morgue. It can take anywhere from minutes to hours. Is this something you want to be going on in our country?? It will if Obama is elected into office."
When I read this I started shaking, anger rose into my head and my eyes filled with tears. This is even worse than abortion!! (if anything could be worse). How could anyone do this!!!??? THIS IS MURDER! I don't want the President of my country to have this on the list of things that he supports! DO YOU?
The rest of my friends blog is interesting too. http://kamandjami.blogspot.com/2008/09/lets-talk-politics.html
It talks more on the subject of what this candidate supports...none of which I support. Please be informed of all the things that your candidate supports before you are sure you want to vote for him. It is a big deal and It affects everyone!




6 comments:
Wow, that's pretty powerful - I had no idea. Yikes, it's hard to imagine that we live in a world so evil.
On a happier note - I love your new background! Also, you are looking great everytime I see you - glad to hear the diet is working so well! See you tomorrow night!
Abortion is horrible....that's for sure. There is murder going on in other areas too! Not just abortions. I WILL not base my vote on one story.... that's for sure. Then again, as an independant I don't believe in a specific "forced" standard to life. Whether Obama is voted president or not, I am PROUD to be an american for this IS the promise land! Still FILLED with more oporunity and health! Hopefully the next president can focus on things that matter....including this horrible standard that americans have been supporting for decades!
Thanks for sharing Brynn, I have a brother and sister who think Obama is some sort of political savior. Hopefully when I share this with them they will be a little more informed and make a wiser decision in 50 days.
I enjoyed this post, and I went to your friends post and enjoyed hers too.
This whole election just scares me. Either way I think this country needs to take a stand for itself. We got our selves in to most of the economic problems...haven't we been taught to stay out of debt? Maybe the politicians need a little guidance from the church?
But I do agree that Obama is NOT our answer. I hope that as women we can stand up and be informed for our children. I read an article the other day about how much of a difference women can make...this election is no different. We need to fight for our children and get out and VOTE..
P.S. Your background is so cute!!!
When I found out that Obama was such a supporter of this incredibly EVIL act, I cried. I don't know how ANYONE could. Hard to believe people could support someone with such evil ideas. He said something about, "I don't want my daughter punished with a baby!" How is a baby a punishment?! Take responsibility for your actions--I totally agree!!!
Hey good post ;o) Thanks for linking to my blog and i'm glad you're helping get the word out there! That's all we can do as the little citizens we are!!
(that and vote!)
:o)
Post a Comment