Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 12, 2008

The first Melo Family Blog

Our blog will be everything but mellow. Our lives are filled with many busy, fun and crazy days!! I wouldn't have it any other way!!
For our readers, I would just like to tell a little about our little family.
Drew and I met in Fallon Nevada on september 11th. Yes THE September 11th. I liked him from the moment I saw him. He was shy and cute! I wanted to get to know him and he showed the same interest as I did, in a more shy way of course. After about a month of dating and seeing eachother, I got him to officially ask me to be his girl friend. (You know, where you date that person exclusively). I did have to beg him to ask me cause he was too shy to ask me himself.....:( After that we dated for about 4 months and we decided that we should get married:D. No, he didn't get down on one knee but we decided together that we should get married. So after knowing eachother for about 11 month we got married. It was on August 24th 2002 when we tied the knot civially at Laura Mills park in Fallon Nevada. It was in a cute white Gazebo and it was a wonderful day!
We lived in a little apartment that was about 500 square feet...maybe...and it was about 2 months later that I missed my period!! We were expecting our first child and we couldnt be more happy!!! I of course was a young bride and a young mother to be but we were happy and wouldnt have it any other way! In January or Febuary the next year we moved to Utah to be closer to my family. Drew opened his heart to the the Church and we had the Missionaries over to teach him about it. He was Baptised a few months after Lainee was born. I had Lainee on June 8th, 2003. She was 3 weeks early and only weighed 6 lbs!! she was so little but beautiful! When Lainee was about 4 months old or so we decided we missed Drew's family and our friends back in Fallon so we moved back.....we stayed with his parents for a while then got our own apartment. Drew was selling cell phones and I was doing data entry for a local company. Lainee turned a year old and I got baby hungry:D So I begged Drew for another child! I told him he could have an xbox if I could have a baby and the deal was made haha!! :D I had my last period in October and we were due in July!! We again decided to move to Utah. So in January of 2005 we picked up and moved to Pleasant View Utah. Drew looked for a job and after 3 months of living with my parents...he found one and we got our own place right down the road. We had been Temple bound since before Drew was Baptised so we continued to take the Temple Prep classes. I had Makai on July 15th 2005. And we were all Sealed in the Temple on November 19th 2005. We lived in that one place for almost 2 years. It was really old and in return we had bad winters with sick kids and lots of pests...BUGS AND MICE!! YUCK! The only perk was the cheap rent. When Makai turned 1, I again got..you guessed it...baby hungry....I begged Drew and he said no for a while. (He really is a nice guy, just didn't think we could handle it or afford it at the time). In late 2006 after much begging on my part and praying from both of us (and of course with the help of the Lord) We decided that we could have another. We tried for a few months and finally got pregnant, Due in late October. We were making more money by then and the kids were getting older and more independant. We tried to buy a house that year but it fell through so with time running out with us wanting to be in a bigger place by the time the baby came we found a nice town house to rent. We moved in the beginning of September and we had Kado on October 12th 2007.
It's now April 2008. living in the same place. We love our ward, Drew is moving up in pay and getting higher in the company. Lainee starts Kindergarten this year and Makai is almost fully potty trained!! Kado is already 6 months old and life is wonderful! We hope to buy a house this year. We would like to stay in this ward but we will see what life brings us and where the Lord wants us. Drew wants to open his own business soon. And I'm sure I'll be getting baby hungry this fall or winter:D We try to do all our big decisions with praying and the help of the Lord. So what ever his plan for us is, we will do!
' I will go, I will do, The things the Lord commands. I know the Lord provides a way, He wants me to Obey'.

Thanks for reading and enjoy our blogs!!:D

No comments: